Wednesday, February 7, 2024

With these shoes I will never lose

Ahh, forties!  In February!  I love it.  With the warmer temps, the snow and the ice have melted.  The track is clear and dry.  Earlier today, I bought a new watch and headed over to the Edgewood track to get in some speedwork.  While cranking out 80 second quarters in my beloved Saucony A-Type racing flats, I thought up a poem:

With these shoes

I will never lose

I will win the fight

It won’t even be tight

I will run faster than light

ZAPP!  And I’m outta sight

When the A-Types are on my feet

It is you I am out to beat

You will be tasting defeat

As I put on the heat

Burn like the fire

I will fly higher

Never tire

All the way to the wire

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sun, Sept 15-Sat, Sept 21

Sun Sept 15: AM. A 2 hour run, most of it with MSRC group, around Lake Wingra and over city and residential streets and paths. It was sunny ...