Saturday, February 24, 2024

Sun, Feb 18-Sat, Feb 24

Sun Feb 18: PM. Ran four loops around Lake Wingra in 3 hours then did a 5000m on the Edgewood track in 18:45 (6:00, 6:00, 5:59, 0:45).  Running total ~45k (~28 miles) in ~3 hours 20 mins.  It was sunny and in the mid-upper 30s.

Mon Feb 19: AM. A 62 min run on the Capital City Trail and Southwest Path.  The sun was rising over partly cloudy skies.  Temp of 18°.

Tues Feb 20: AM. In Middleton, A 78 min run on the South Fork Path and over trails in the Pheasant Branch Conservancy.  Saw at least 20 deer and a couple nice bucks.  The sun was rising over clear skies.  Temp of 28°.

Wed Feb 21: AM. A 60ish min run on residential (and presidential) streets.  It was partly cloudy and 43°.  PM. On the track, did 5x1600m (5:42, 5:42, 5:38, 5:38, 5:37), then ran a 45 min loop around Lake Wingra.  It was partly cloudy and 57°.

Thurs Feb 22: AM. A 60 min run on the Mendota Lakeshore Path to Picnic Pt.  The sun was rising over clear skies with a temp of 34°.  PM. In Middleton, A 30 min run on the South Fork Trail.  It was dark and 48°.

Fri Feb 23: AM. A 75 min night run on the Capital City Trail and over residential streets on the east side of Madison (the good old bad part of this college town).  It was dark and in the upper 30s.

Sat Feb 24: AM. A 90 min run around Lake Monona.  It was sunny and 10°.  PM. A 60 min run on the Mendota Lakeshore Path to Picnic Pt.  It was sunny and 31°.


This was a good week.  I felt strong running ~45k on Sunday and the 1600m repeats on Wednesday felt easy.  On Thursday night/Friday morning I was having trouble falling asleep.  Rather than walking to Insomnia Cookies on State Street (my usual fix for when I can’t sleep), I ran about ten miles.  When I got back from the run I laid down on my bed, closed my eyes, and slept the sleep of the gods. That is, until my alarm clock went off a few hours later and I had to get up and go to work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sun, Sept 15-Sat, Sept 21

Sun Sept 15: AM. A 2 hour run, most of it with MSRC group, around Lake Wingra and over city and residential streets and paths. It was sunny ...