Thursday, April 4, 2024

April

You are a mean one

You give us hope of warmth and sun

But then you turn your back and run

The way you shun, you’re just no fun


You throw down cold, and sleet and snow

What can I do?  Where can I go?

How can those poor flowers grow?

When you make the nasty wind blow and leave me low


You’re very cruel

The way you fool

It’s just not cool

You piece of rusty garden tool


Is there really any hope?

When you leave me to cry and mope

Can I really even cope?

Gee, I would have to say “nope”


I guess I’ll just have to wait till May

That month when spring decides to stay

It’s only one more month away

I think I can make it if I pray


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sun, Sept 15-Sat, Sept 21

Sun Sept 15: AM. A 2 hour run, most of it with MSRC group, around Lake Wingra and over city and residential streets and paths. It was sunny ...