Wednesday, April 17, 2024

I be running mad

A preview of the

Mad City 50k Run

In haiku format


Today the date is

Wednesday, April 17th,

2024


You know what that means?

It’s National Haiku Day!

Let’s make some haikus


I be running mad

No, I’m not actually mad

Hope not, anyway


I will be running

The Mad City 50k

In three days from now


Let me emphasize

The word “running”, Not “racing”

It won’t be full send


Just a training run,

A nice long-run to build up

Some good endurance


I’m thinking maybe

6:40 to 6:50

Minutes per mile pace


Hoping that won’t be

Too difficult to manage

Oh but we shall see


I’ve never run more

Than thirty miles so this be

New territory


The primary aim

Is still Gramma's Marathon

In a couple months


The courseIt will be

A familiar oneFive loops

Around Lake Wingra


I have run around

That lake many times before

So I shouldn’t get lost


As of this writing

The weather looks promising

Thirties to forties


Partly cloudy skies

Yes, it should be quite pleasant

If the rain holds off

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sun, Sept 15-Sat, Sept 21

Sun Sept 15: AM. A 2 hour run, most of it with MSRC group, around Lake Wingra and over city and residential streets and paths. It was sunny ...