Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Creative Juice

Getting high on LSD.  That’s Long Slow Distance- not the psychotic stuff.


I get a lot of thoughts when I run.  It is while I am running, that my creative juices flow most freely.  Typically, the longer I run, the more the juices flow.  Today, I ran for two and a half hours.  By the time I was about 75 minutes in, the juices were really starting to flow.  I was also starting to get quite thirsty at this stage of the run, so I drank a glass of my own creative juice.  Ahhh, it hit the spot.  It tasted so good that I went and poured myself a couple more glasses.  

After having drank all this creative juice, all kinds of creative thoughts started running through my mind.  My head was all dark and clouded up before, but now the clouds had lifted.  Not just the clouds in my head, but also the clouds in the outside world.  The gloomy grayness had given way to sunny, blue skies.  Things were looking brighter.  I was thinking more clearly.  My brain and my body had been refueled.  I felt like I could go on running forever.  I’m telling you, this creative juice is powerful stuff.  

While running along there on the trail, I looked down, and saw that my shoes were no longer touching the ground.  I was flying.  Really flying.  My feet were wings, hovering over the earth’s surface.  Mile after mile, I kept running and I kept getting higher and higher.

I ran past a flock of Canadian geese, flying in chevron flight.  I waved and shouted out, “Hey goosey goosey!”  All the geese honked and waved back at me.

I passed Dorothy and her dog, Toto.  “I don’t think we’re in Kansas anymore!” I called out to her.  She winked at me.  Toto wagged his tail and let out a friendly “woof!”

Before long, I was running past stars and meteors and planets and galaxies.  I saw a green alien with three eyes.  “Hullo der!” I said to him.  He looked back at me with his three eyes and said, “Weeooohhooo Eeoouuu!”  What a nice little alien.    

After a couple hours of running, I felt the urge to pee.  I had been running over some strange and unfamiliar planet, at the time the urge hit.  “Where’s the nearest restroom?”  I asked Mr. Martian.  He pointed with his long, skinny green finger and replied, “Zeeuoof yoop ooumba luu jubioo.”  “Thanks!”  I found the loo and pissed for at least a minute and a half.  Suddenly, I felt drained of energy.  My legs turned into heavy, dead logs and my mind went blank.  It was as if I had pissed out all of my creative juice.  In the distance, I could see dark clouds rolling in.  I’d better start heading home.  Oh well, It had been a good run.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sun, Sept 15-Sat, Sept 21

Sun Sept 15: AM. A 2 hour run, most of it with MSRC group, around Lake Wingra and over city and residential streets and paths. It was sunny ...