Wednesday, March 20, 2024

You better believe it

“Go ahead,” My fat-ass-good-for-nothing-gluttonous mind tells me.  “Eat another doughnut.  Have another scoop of ice cream.  Drink another beer.  One more won’t hurt you.  Besides, you deserve it.  You’re training for a marathon.  You need those extra carbohydrates.”  

I’ve been listening to Mr. Fat ass a little too much lately.  My diet’s been awful and I’ve been feeling very lethargic the past several days.  I think I’m gaining some weight.

Earlier today, Mr. Warning came knocking at my door.  As soon as I opened it, he started hollering at me: 

It's going to happen!  If you don't quit fooling around, it's going to catch up with you!  If you don't stop pushing your luck, it's just going to reach out and grab you!”

Mr. Warning is right.  I really need to watch it.  No more eating like a glutton.  From now on, I am going to be Mr. Healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sun, Sept 15-Sat, Sept 21

Sun Sept 15: AM. A 2 hour run, most of it with MSRC group, around Lake Wingra and over city and residential streets and paths. It was sunny ...