Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Sun, June 16-Sat, June 22

Sun June 16: AM. On the track, did 3x1600m (5:47, 5:49, 5:41).  It was raining and around 70°.  PM. A 40 min run on residential streets and on the Capital City Trail.  It was partly sunny and 84° (dewpoint of 69°).  Oh no!  Can it be?  We’re heading for a heatwave.

Mon June 17: AM. A 78 min run on the Capital City Trail and on the SW Path.  It was sunny, humid and in the mid 70s.

Tues June 18: AM. A 45 min run on the Capital City Trail and around Monona Bay.  It was mostly sunny and 77°.  PM. In Deerfield, A 30 min on-shift run— ambulance stations loops.  It was partly cloudy and 87° (dew point of 71°).

Wed June 19: AM. Ran 3+ miles with the pastry club over residential and city streets.  It was in the mid 70s with light rain starting towards the end.  PM. Max Champion concert in Minneapolis— Great show!

Thurs June 20: AM. In Minneapolis, MN, A 20 min run with the old man on residential streets in Golden Valley.  It was cloudy and 63°. 

Fri June 21: AM. A 45 min run with the old man doing loops around Wirth Lake (~ 1.3 miles around).  It was raining and 64°.

Sat June 22: AM. Ran the Grandma’s Marathon (Two Harbors, MN to Duluth, MN) in 2:45:51.  I felt pretty good for the first several miles.  There was a nice 10+ mph tailwind pushing me along and I was thinking I’m going to crush this!  I went through ten miles in 59:15 (~5:55/mi).  My legs were starting to feel a little fatigued by that point, so I backed off the pace a little.  I went through the half in 1:18:48 (~6:01/mi), still feeling OK.  A couple miles later, the wheels started to fall off.  The last eleven miles were a grind.  At the 26 mile marker I saw my time and realized I’d have to really push to better my first 42.195k outing (a 2:45:55 at WhistleStop last fall).  I ran the last 385 yards as fast as I could and managed to beat it by four seconds.  At least I got a PR. It wasn’t terrible but I’d really hoped to be a bit faster, especially given the favorable weather conditions.  The temp was in the mid 50s and there was a tailwind.  It was cloudy early, then it started raining lightly about an hour in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sun, Sept 15-Sat, Sept 21

Sun Sept 15: AM. A 2 hour run, most of it with MSRC group, around Lake Wingra and over city and residential streets and paths. It was sunny ...